Travel Journalling: A Paper Passport to Your Past Adventures
Holidays are a great way to escape the everyday grind and create memories that will last a lifetime. But how can you make sure that your holiday memories stand the test of time?
A travel journal is a great way to document your holidays, from both the big and the small moments. You can write about the places you visited, the people you met, and the things you have done. You can also add photos, drawings, and other memorabilia to your journal.
What Are The Benefits Of Journaling?
When you’re back home from your trip, it can be hard to remember all the details of your holiday. A travel journal can help you keep track of everything you saw and experienced while you were away.
- It helps you process your experiences. Travelling can be a lot of fun, but it can also be challenging. A travel journal can help you process your emotions and make sense of your experiences.
- It’s a creative outlet. Keeping a travel journal is a great way to express your creativity. You can write about your experiences in any way you want and add as much or as little detail as you like. From doodles to maps and even labelling your photos so that you don’t forget where you were or who you were with.
- Journalling is a great way to share your experiences with others. You can share your travel journal with your friends, family, or even the world on social media.
How Do You Start A Travel Journal?
If you’re thinking about starting a travel journal, here are a few tips to get you started:
- Choose a journal/book that you love. This way you’ll be more likely to keep up with your journal if you love the way it looks and feels.
- Decide how you want to use your journal. For example, you could do an entire journal dedicated to writing down your main highlights and experiences, or alternatively, you could keep it purely picture based and just have any random moments in there. It’s up to you!
- Set aside some time each day to write in your journal. When you are travelling it can be hard to find the time to do things like this. However, even if it’s just for a few minutes, it’s important to make time to record your thoughts and memories so that you can reflect on them when they are over.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. There’s no right or wrong way to keep a travel journal. If you have a page that just consists of pictures and one that is a diary entry, that’s fine! Experiment with different writing styles and techniques until you find what works for you.
Need Some Inspiration?
If you don’t own something you could use as a travel journal (really it can be any old notepad!), or you just want a nice new one, check out these travel notepads including a travel journal with prompts already included!
- This travel journal comes with prompts and is great for anyone including as a travel journal for kids.
- For a road trip, consider this travel journal that comes with prompts as well as blank pages for photos, your own writing or drawings.
- A travel listography is a fun way to record memories from your trip.
- Nothing beats a good moleskin journal!
- Or, keep it classic with a basic bullet journal.
In conclusion, keeping a travel journal is a great way to make your holidays last longer. It’s also a creative outlet, a way to process your experiences, and a way to share your memories with family and friends, especially those who were with you! So, what are you waiting for? Start your travel journal today!